Love Is....

Love Is....

Saturday, October 14, 2017

Erik and David, This One is for You!

David, were you late for practice this morning?!  Erik and I were all ready to swim....
It's 5:34 am....not sure, but someone must have
been home primping for picture day!

Sooooo boys, I finally found this picture from the summer!  These are my good buddies, David (left) and Erik (right).  These boys added humor to practices as they pushed me through endless laps, drills, and training during the winter season of swimming in the great outdoors.  While in Texas, I was blessed with a 50-meter year-round outdoor pool that is cooled in the summer and heated in the winter....well, most of the winter.  Some of the time the heater was broken, but it was ok, we just wore wetsuits....and some didn't!  Oh, those brave souls!  I just used it as an excuse to practice in mine (and make sure it still fit)!

Cooper Masters


Boys, congratulations on your achievement of becoming Cooper Winter Warriors!  You attended at least 2 practices/week throughout the winter months.  Thanks for consistent reminders to not slack off and to push myself to be the best I can be!  I sure do miss you guys and my pool!

Thank you to Coach Jim Cole who started this program of Winter Warriors.  With his smiling face and cheerful attitude, we all looked forward to dragging ourselves out of bed at 4:45 am in the dark to go swim under the BIG beautiful Texas sky!

No comments: