Love Is....

Love Is....

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

God is Great

This evening I had undeniable sense of what is meant to be, is happening.  That sounds funny as I write it out, but what I am saying is simply, "God is Great!"  I have realized over the past few days this week, that there is a reason for everything.  I believe that God knew that I could not be lame for 4-6 weeks.  I truly believe this as the past few days have unfolded.  During my downtime pre-surgery when I was not able to work out much, I was starting to obsess over this crazy diet thing, which I have never done before now (27 years old and never done a 'diet').  I also had this thing on my phone which tracks calories to the half calorie from what you consume to what you work off.  Needless to say, as soon as I would eat something I would feel the need to enter it into my little food log.  I was starving!  Up until today, I have been entering my food and water consumption and workouts for 6.5 weeks entering into this log everyday.  I did this super strict, crazy 'diet' for 7 weeks which is a way long time and as all diets, it's not the best for your body, especially if you are an athlete.  I cut out all fruit, bread, and dairy.  Now for those of you who know me, you know I love fruit, bread, and dairy-especially ice cream.  I cheated and had ice cream twice during this stint of time.  Of course it is all a balancing act and nothing should be taken to extremes.  I am now back to my healthy, balanced diet of bread, fruit, vegetables, dairy, and protein along with my daily workouts!


What I learned from this whole diet/food diary thing is what to be aware of-looking at ingredients, sticking with raw and fresh, staying away from processed and how my body feels when I eat certain stuff.  I have to say that I feel like I am pretty good about self control and knowing my body anyway.  It's a machine that works for you, you have to take care of it.  Good input=good output!

Ok,this is totally not the direction I intended to go tonight...so anyway....other than the diet thing-since my hip has healed so miraculously fast, I am able to help Heath out alot more than expected and alot sooner!  I can work at my farm with my Daddy and Heath.  I can also help alot more with pea harvest which is starting precisely, tomorrow!  I feel so totally humbled to know that God knows what is best for me and my life.  I am in the palm of his hand in which he lifts me up in my lowest moments and celebrates victories with me from everyday stepping stones to miracles!

No comments: