Love Is....

Love Is....

Saturday, January 11, 2014

A Saturday with My Man

Today, it was suggested to me, by Heath, to take it easy and stay in bed and relax.  For those of you that know me very well, know how hard this simple task was for me.  Heath brought me breakfast in bed, my Bible, my Bible study, and my computer to keep me busy.  Now, just a quick update...I am sorting through big blue tubs of my personal belongings that have been in storage for ages.  This is currently strew across my whole entire living room.  What a mess, but I wasn't going to let this get to me today because it can wait and I definitely know it will still be there on Monday.

Heath was working diligently on the back bathroom all day!  He is really becoming a great carpenter!  I am so thankful and blessed with his spirit of service and his no fear personality.  He has never redone a bathroom the way he is doing ours, but he is not afraid to try something new!  The boys are going to be super surprised!

A while later, I moseyed in to my computer to work on wedding stuff.  When I received a phone call from Barb, I answered and then was totally distracted.  I said, "Barb, would you believe it?  My calf is in my garden!"  Woodrow had decided to go for a stroll outside of the coral thanks to Miss Penney.  She has created a hole in the fence where she has been reaching over to nibble on a big round bale of hay that was placed too close to the corrals.

When I finally got moving for real, it came with the words, "Take 'EM!" coming from Heath.  He grabbed our guns and we headed up on the hill!  There were THOUSANDS of geese flying over the place and low too!  It was windy, so Heath placed me behind a row of trees with my crutches, gun, and extra shells and he went over a bit further to the other side of the hill.  We had a ton of fun!  What an awesome thing that you can be working at the house and then at the drop of a hat stop and go hunting for a while and then return to your work without even leaving the place!  What a blessing for all of us!

Heath's!  I breasted it!

After our quick hunt, we both returned to what we were doing.  I was going about my wedding stuff and headed back to check on Heath to see how he was doing.  Something horrible happened.  The pain is indescribable and excruciating.  I have never felt anything like that before.  It started with a little chill, so I headed to my room to turn on my new heated blanket from Heath.  By the time I returned to the guest room, my body was done.  It felt like every muscle in my body was spasming.  Luckily, Heath walked in about that time.  He lifted up my body and took me to my room and turned up the blanket to #9, the hottest setting.  I think I totally freaked him out as I could barely talk.  Voluntarily and involuntarily moving my hands, feet, head, eyes was awful!  I am so happy Heath was still here.  He talked me through it and got me warmed up and calmed down.  I don't know how long it was for sure, but it felt like at least an hour.  I do not know exactly what happened, but I do know that something had taken over my body.  It was surreal.  All I could do was stare at the ceiling and try to breathe (being coached by Heath), and I prayed and prayed.  Some of my memory verses came back to me, which was awesome!  The Lord and Heath helped me through this awful time.  Praises for victory!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's nice to have a day of rest. All the 'things' can always wait.