Love Is....

Love Is....

Friday, January 31, 2014

March, April, May in Review

March-Heath and I were actively involved in the Francis Chan Bible study called Crazy Love with Connie and Ernie in the Scottsbluff Country Club (http://crazylovebook.com/).  This was a couples Bible study where we met several very nice people who have changed our lives.  We were also taking the Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University class with Adrian and Emily Jantzi (http://www.daveramsey.com/fpu/home/).  This was a great class for Heath and I to get on the same page with finances with a Christian base.  Excellent material covered in 9 weeks which used to be viewed in 13 weeks.  It covers all levels of financial topics....whether you are on top of things and just want to tighten your budgeting or whether you are in debt up to your ears, whether you are single or dating and planning to get married, or married, we recommend this class to all.  It is an excellent way, especially if you are married or planning to be married, to get on the same page with your significant other or spouse.  Also, this month, I made 5 dozen cookies for Connie as she and Ernie served the AWANA staff and kids at church.

Heath got to go "Hunting with the Huskers" in Lincoln with his Dad, Garry and his brother, Bill.  This was to celebrate Bill's 40th birthday.  They really enjoyed it as they got to personally meet Tom Osborne, Eric Crouch, Rob Zatechka, Will Compton, Chris Kelsay, Jeremy Slechta, Curtis Tomasevicz, and Rex Burkhead.





   
















In March, we also celebrated Demas Vasquez's 75th birthday at Stateline.  We invited his wife, Sandy, and ordered Steel Grill for lunch.  Demas retired the very next day!  What a career!  We celebrated his retirement at the Prairie Winds Convention Center in Bridgeport for his 31 years of service to Stateline!  Thank you Demas!


April-Connie and Ernie invited Heath and I and the boys to an Fellowship of Christian Athletes banquet at the Gering Civic Center where we got to listen to an famous tennis player speak!

After a few months of physical therapy, I decided to pursue a different route to fix my hip pain that had been evident since November 5th, 2011.  I had my first MRI on the 11th of April.  This was something that I was a very nervous about.  For one, I couldn't eat after midnight until the MRI was over.  The other reason I was so nervous was my idea of what it would be like entering into a tube with my body on a board and feet strapped together.  I went in and had the injection of dye put into my hip (way cool because I could watch it on a screen of x-rays going into my joint).  I survived!  Heath was a sweetie and took me out to brunch at Perkins to celebrate.  It really wasn't as bad as the anticipation I had created!

At the end of April, I bought my little farm from Delton and Stubby Herman!  It was the perfect place for me.  32 acres with some water rights, a big red barn, corrals, pellet stove, garage....livable, but totally needing some TLC.  It had new insulated garage doors, brand new beautiful light fixtures inside, brand new windows in the house, a relatively new pellet stove...so all the expensive, not really fun stuff was already in place.  All I had to do was give her some love!  It has been a whirlwind since!


In April, I was honored to take Derrick Longacre, Jason's son, to prom at the Scottsbluff Country Club.  This was also Justin's prom night as well!  :)  Fun times!



May-I was still living at Tiny and Trav's out in Stegall in May until they came back for the summer.  I was driving to Stateline in Bridgeport for work.  The fun part was that I would go to the Y in the mornings and meet Heath there or at our Gering office and we would carpool the rest of the way into work in the work pickup!  I would read whatever Bible study or Dave Ramsey book we were doing at the time.  AND sometimes just sleeeep!




No comments: