Love Is....

Love Is....

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Linear Trail

Today, I discovered 10 more miles of my favorite trail in Manhattan.  It was so incredibly gorgeous today, I couldn't help but take out road bike on a tour!  Instead of taking my traditional/typical running route down Colorado over to Linear and turn left....I turned right.  This is the part of the trail that Heath and I just briefly discovered over Christmas break by accident during a walk.  Until that point, I have been running and biking in Manhattan for the last 6 months and did not even know the trail continued in that direction.  Linear Trail is the same trail that I ran my honorary Monument Half Marathon (when I couldn't get back to Nebraska to run the real thing due to school).

As I started exploring, I realized just how awesome this trail really is.  It literally wraps around the edge of town.  You can access it in so many different places.  This part gravel part concrete trail takes you through tree groves, various parts of town, winds you by the Kansas River, and over railroad tracks.  You also have the serene peace of viewing farmland along the same trail.  It is an excellent combination, especially since I can hop on in only three quarters of a mile from the house.  Here is a link:  http://www.traillink.com/trail/manhattan-linear-park-trail.aspx.

Theses are just a few pictures I snapped with my phone along the trail so that I could share with you the simplistic beauty we are surrounded by each day.  Don't forget to take the time to enjoy it....alone, with God, with a spouse, with a best friend, with a sibling, JUST ENJOY IT!


I am so thankful to have the time to enjoy these simple beauties in life again.  My main goal in life is to live a simple life and be happy.  That's it, nothing fancy, nothing extravagant, just SiMPliCiTY!

Know that the Lord is God.  It is He who made us, and we are His; we are His people, the sheep of His pasture.  Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise; give THANKS to Him and PRAISE His name.  For the Lord is good and His love endures forever; His faithfulness continues through all generations. ~Psalm 100:3-5

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful country!!