Love Is....

Love Is....

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Rainy Sunday

Heath made it late last night!  We met Melissa and Mikaela at Crest View for church this morning.  This is the place that Melissa and I have been enjoying all semester.  We just feel really at home there and once we went there, the search was over.  Their worship is awesome with their band and several singers, the preacher has great, down to earth messages, and the people make it a small town kind of feel.

When church was over, we headed to Best Buy to look at DSLR cameras.  I'm ready to make the big step and invest in a "big fancy" camera because my point-and-shoot has been in the shop for the third time now.  I want to be able to do some manual focusing and really learn how to use different lenses and apertures instead of just letting the automatic camera do everything for me.  I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of information we received at Best Buy.  This guy helped us for like 30 minutes and he had me hold both Nikons and Canons to compare how they felt.  After doing lots of online research and getting people's advice, I was pretty settled on a Nikon until I held them and that is what sold me on the Canon.  I have a conversation scheduled with Heath's brother's friend tonight to discuss various details, but right now I am leaning towards the Canon EOS Rebel T3i.  It is awesome!  I am going to do some price shopping tonight to see if I can find it cheaper anywhere, but Best Buy offers a "bundle" deal that includes and extra lens, memory card, bag, and also a warranty.  The local warranty will be nice.  By local I mean Cheyenne, Wyoming, but that is only like 80 miles.


The rest of today has been pretty lazy considering the weather, drizzly and overcast.  It is kind of nice because tomorrow Heath and I start the food safety conference for work.  We will be at AIB (America's Institute for Baking) nationwide headquarters right here in Manhattan Monday through Thursday of this week before we head back and I get all settled into my new home!  :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great weekend!

Unknown said...

You will love the big fancy camera =] Have a great week!