Love Is....

Love Is....

Monday, March 23, 2015

Chokecherry Pies

I got up, showered, curled my hair, and went to work today.  I thought that if I got up and got ready that would help me feel better.  This is the first time that I have been out of bed for a long period of time since coming home from work on Friday around 12:30 pm.  I soon realized that I probably overdid it.  When I told Frank that I wasn't sure how long I would last, he totally understood.  By the time we had our morning meeting and I got through balancing my cash, I looked down and it was already noon.  WHERE~OH~WHERE has the day gone?  This I asked myself.

The day was over before I knew it as I kept super busy with my work that needed to be accomplished.  Thank you Lord for the focus and drive to push through and get those things accomplished.

My Honey helping me in this photo-opt.  :)

Doesn't everyone CRAVE a s'more every
once in a while?  Be honest with yourself now.

When I got home, I totally intended on sitting and resting, but I got the wild urge to first make a s'more and to second make a chokecherry pie for my Dad's birthday celebration at my in-laws tomorrow night.  We decided that we would have a nice supper over at their house tomorrow, Tuesday night, because Wednesday we have AWANA and then Thursday, Dad and I plan to head back to Colorado for the weekend.  Heath will join us on Friday night or Saturday and we will drive home together on Sunday.  This will give us a nice little weekend away that we both need and we will get to spend my Dad's birthday with him!  We have had this planned ever since my boss told me that I have earned two days off that needed to be used by the end of March.  :)

Pies in the making....

Final product....4 layers of yummy goodness!  My dad always liked Grandma's cherry pie, so this is the Western
Nebraska version (thank you to our chokecherry trees 2013 production)!  My father-in-law loves
chokecherries and this pie is one of his favorites that I make.  One for each of them!

No comments: