Love Is....

Love Is....

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Sick Day

Little Man cuddling with me.

I had a rough night last night and woke up this morning not feeling well at all.  After my decision to stay home from work, I called Heath at work and told him.  He asked me if there was anything he could do.  I just told him that I was going to try to get a doctor's appointment today.  At this point, Dad had already headed out to get some tractor parts before heading over to Garry's again to work on our tractor.  I called him after I had confirmed a 10:30 am doctor appointment.  It is not with my regular doctor, but same clinic.  Thank goodness for the short notice availability!  I am grateful!  My daddy was able to take me to the doctor before heading to Garry's with the dogs.

True definition of curled up.

Dad took me to the doctor and then to get a sandwich to bring home so we didn't have to cook.  We also were able to get my prescription filled at the pharmacy.  This made me realize how amazingly fortunate and blessed we are to be able to have this type of access.

Feel Awful, scared, not sure what is wrong
Go to Doctor, get a diagnosis, and an antibiotic
Get Prescription Filled
Start Feeling Better within 24-48 hours

I cannot even imagine not being able to have access to this kind of care.  For this, I am grateful!  The doctor thought I might have a touch of bronchitis, but she wasn't sure.  They took my vitals...no temperature, regular heart beat, and low blood pressure (which is normal).  I am supposed to take the antibiotic twice a day for five days.  If I do not show signs of improvement, I am supposed to call and schedule another appointment for further review.


It was a quiet day as I have moved from my bed all day to in my chair all day.  I watched the grass grow out the floor-length window and the hands on the clock go round and round all day.  QUIET~no dogs, just my cat who was in and out all day.  Heath got home and then Dad and the dogs.  So excited to have company even though I am not in the mood or up to partying....just having them back in the house and the dogs too was a great spirit booster!  Heath brought me some butter brickle ice cream but I didn't like it so I shared it with my cuddle-buddy.  I think he liked it!

Dad bought some Papa Murphy's pizza for tonight since the birthday celebration didn't occur due to me being a party-pooper.  We are going to try again on Thursday as we will not be headed to Colorado now.

No comments: