Love Is....

Love Is....

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Inside the Coop: Sneak Peak





I happened to have my phone with me when I went out to shut the bird's coop gate tonight.  I snapped a few shots while they were (in bed) roosting.  The light that you see is a lamp we put in there to help extend the day-length for them.  Our neighbors told us that this will help rectify our low number of eggs.  It will help them receive the amount of light they need to produce more eggs.  We can do this until the days start to get longer....the way I understand it is that this is more of a winter/early spring thing.  We will see if it helps.  We also put two "fake" eggs in the middle laying box.  This will help teach them to lay all their eggs in one spot instead of all over the farm.  Let's just say, I used this opportunity for a 'pep' talk on egg laying.  I don't like feeding chickens and then having to buy store-bought eggs.  LOL!





No comments: