Love Is....

Love Is....

Saturday, September 1, 2012

SHAFT 2012

Soooo, the bones exam....for Gross Anatomy I, first year, first exam of all vet school....could have done better.  I'm not going to let it bother me, just learn from this exam on how to study for future tests.  We get tons of information and I am learning how to sort it out and learning what works best for me.  This is definitely not undergrad and there is a different theory to my madness as far as studying goes.  I did find that the vet school library, just up on the 4th floor of our building is awesome!  Just put my headphones in and away I go with no distractions!  They also have group study rooms with white boards and stuff.  I am still  yet to find a great coffee shop but that will be something to look forward to next week as our first Physiology exam is coming up!

I woke up on Friday morning not til 8 am!  When I got back from the lab last night at 12:30 am my roomie was still up so we spent another 2 hours studying together!  It was great!  So, I slept in and studied some more in the morning and then biked to my test with a pencil and a water bottle.  The exam was quick and then I changed into my scrub top and headed for the Teaching Hospital.  Good times there on the food animal side of the hospital with a couple of different cases going on and lots to see!  I met a few fourth years as well as couple of vets that were all great to talk with and taught me alot!  I ended up staying alot longer than I had anticipated because I was really enjoying the work.  By the time I biked home, I was exhausted!  I did some cleaning after I ate lunch and then took a short nap.  I woke up to a text from my ride to the SHAFT party saying he was going to be here in 40 minutes.....I was still in bed with no shower haha!  Time to get ready!  Turns out perfect timing and my roomie came with us too!

*Me, Pam, and Hanna*

The party was at an excellent venue, great food, fellowship, and best of all, DANCING!  We danced for at least 3 hours there and then went to Longhorn's and danced another 2-2.5 hours!  I LOVE DANCING!  Like I said before, they don't line dance here, but my buddies are great at 2-stepping!  Good time had by all!

I danced the first 3 hours in my red heels and then changed into my yellow dancing boots for the country dancing part of our evening!

No comments: