Love Is....

Love Is....

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Don't Be A Hoarder

Out on Carter Canyon Road-some may see these sunflowers as weeds,
but I see them as God's surprise beauty along a country roadside!

Yesterday Justin and I came across a very relevant verse in our daily devotion by Joyce Meyer. 

"And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased."
~Hebrews 13:16 NIV~

The devotion was talking about how we should let earthly material "things" go and not cling so tightly that we become stingy.  Some people hold so tightly to their earthly possessions to make sure they have enough in times of need.  I find myself saying about some 'thing,' well, I should hang on to that until I have a house someday, then maybe I will use it.  Well, this is someday, as I have my home and I still don't use that 'thing.'  Time for it to go somewhere else where somebody can enjoy it.  Donation, Goodwill, garage sale decluttering is such a good feeling, especially if it brings joy to someone else.  I think what the verse is telling us is that we should not cling so tightly to our belongings because we need to trust that God will provide in times of our need.  I like the way Mrs. Meyer says it, "There is a difference between saving wisely and hoarding fearfully.  Refuse to let fear make you stingy!"

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly father feeds them.  Are you not much more valuable than they?  Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"
~Matthew 6:26-27 NIV~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so true! And so hard sometimes to know the difference. Am I wisely saving, or foolishly hoarding? Sigh. I'm prone to think if I'm not using it and someone else needs it, I should gift it to them. I don't always follow through though.
~Virginia