Love Is....

Love Is....

Thursday, June 26, 2014

*Our Beautiful Garden*

I took these pictures on Thursday before I left.  I spent the early afternoon pulling 6.5 five gallon buckets full of weeds!  That equates to 32.5 gallons of weeds!  (Who counts weeds in gallons?  LOL!!)   It was an awesome day as I got tons's of things done around the house and a bit of mowing done. 


Silly me....I totally knocked my electrical meter off the REA pole with my new lawn mower as I was swiftly turning a quick circle around the garden to clean up the scraggly grass.  OPpS!  I just continued to do what I was doing thinking that I would just ask Heath to help me stick it back up on the pole when he got home, but after I was finished mowing, I thought differently.  I pulled the mower into the garage and pushed the button to close the door.  To my surprise, the door would not go down.  So I walked over to the door and made sure the electrical eyes were all lined up.  With the dogs, I have found that those can just get off a slight bit and then it will not work.  After those were fixed, I tried again.  Still, it did not work.  I called Heath and asked him if I should just pick up the meter and put all the pieces together, but since the electricity was out, we decided that I should call the power company. 


Within twenty minutes, the power man came and he shut off the breaker and just put all the pieces back together!  No charge!  BLESSINGS!  That could have been a big expense for a silly mistake which I knew better.  I had just been thinking to myself, "Be careful, that big 'safety feature' roll bar adds some height to my rig."  Well, even after the self talk, I still proceeded to knick the pole.  Thank goodness for that nice man and for his timing.  I was just getting ready to go in to shower and head to Denver when this all went down.


This incident was actually awesome because it held me home long enough to see Heath again before I left.  He got home shortly after the electric guy left.  He curled up on the couch with Jasper and they took a nap while I finished up packing and getting ready to leave.  See, everything happens for a reason!


Well, I finally got out of the house.  It is so hard for me to leave anymore because I just love being at home.  I love my family, my home, my animals, and my life!  My heart is at H~O~M~E!


I headed to Denver to stay with Tricia, a friend of mine.  After a tour of her beautiful new condo, we we to dinner.  We had a lovely evening chatting about life and RUNNING!  It was a wonderful and very rewarding conversation.  She encouraged me.

No comments: