Love Is....

Love Is....

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Our Little Helper

The other day I got a text from my husband before I got home from work.  It went something like this:  "Hi, Mommy!" including a picture of Heath and a little gray fur ball.  When I got home, they were sitting on the adirondack chairs watching the sun go down together, so I joined them in this serene moment.  That was it, I knew this little fellow would be staying.  He is an answer to prayers because he is super sweet, young, playful, and not scared of the dogs.  We have been really wanting a cat ever since Killer ran away (right after I got her spayed).  She was a great mouser and since we have had mice in the house.  One night a few weeks back, we caught 3 in one night!  We, let me rephrase that, HEATH, went to reset them several times after we had laid down for bed.

Turns out, Jasper (we let Andrew name him), is really good help.  I was weeding the garden on Sunday night and he took liberty to crawl his way all the way up my back and onto his 'perfect perch,' my shoulder.  Last night, when I got home, poor Heath had picked up all the once clean laundry from all over the yard (at one point it was on the clothes line-due to limited time, space, and massive amounts of laundry-boys cleaned out lockers at the end of school-I didn't use as many clothes pins as I should have).  Looks like the wind won, poor idea on my part!  That late evening storm really hammered us with rain.  We are very thankful for the rain to help our garden, grass, and hay ground.  The only not so good thing about this pop storm is that we had just gotten our hay raked.  We have some friend's from church who are going to so kindly help us baling.  They even had their tractor here all ready to go for today, but  now it will be a few days and some thinking on our part before we get the chance to bale.  We do not have any equipment to turn the hay over to dry it out.  Anyway, when I got home last night Little Man was curled up on Heath's shoulder helping him fold laundry.  Today, as you can see below, he was consistent in his work ethic as I was making our bed.  He kept getting all folded up in the sheets and stuck under the covers.  CUTE little rascal.  Now, he is perched on my shoulder sleeping.

No comments: