Love Is....

Love Is....

Friday, May 3, 2013

Doctor's Appointment

I got up and went to my last day of spinning classes for this session.  The class was going for 2 hours today, but I only went for the standard 45 minutes and called it good.  That is extremely hard for me to do, but I was also able to take it easy in class.  I just had to know that I was fortunate enough to be in class and not be crippled yet.

I worked out of Bridgeport until about noon today.  Once paychecks arrived, I was out.  I quickly stopped by my new house to talk with the well guys.  Today is the day they are replacing the well lines from the house to the well house.  This is a super special thanks to Mr. Delton and Carol Herman.  I added a line and faucet at the garden myself.  I figured while they had it all dug up already, there couldn’t be a better time to do it.  By the time I bought hoses to reach the garden from either the house or the horse tank, this would be a better decision.

When I got to Gering, I had a 2,100 pound tote of pea seed to unload and boxes of paper goods that we had cleaned out of our closet there in Bridgeport.  The guys helped me out tremendously, and I was out the door to my doctor’s appointment.  Heath was in Denver today with his endocrinologist to check on his diabetes.

Luckily, my doctor was running a bit behind.  I had been waiting for this day for three weeks and one day (since my MRI).  I had been praying for answers of any kind, just answers.  My doc is awesome!  He is from Steamboat Springs, Colorado and he comes here to Scottsbluff, Nebraska every two weeks.  He flies from Steamboat airport to Scottsbluff airport in just a few short hours.  Anyway, he is confident, not cocky, extremely well-spoken, and has great bedside manner.  I feel very confident in his opinions.  After showing me my MRI on the computer screen and explaining what he saw happening, I agreed.  He said that the MRI and the physical exam all led him to believe it is a torn labrum.  However, since I have bad scoliosis, he wanted to do one more procedure to be sure the pain is localized to the hip.  They are going to give me a hip injection with short lasting pain reliever directly into the hip joint.  If this completely takes away the pain, even if for just a few short hours, we will know that it is a hip problem and proceed to a labral tear repair in the next 2-4 weeks.  If the injection does not take away the pain, we will then proceed to back MRI’s and go in that direction.

Me and My Buddy!
I worked the rest of the day from Gering.

When I got home, Dad had worked a ton on painting Tiny and Trav’s house.  He is sooo awesome!  He could tell I was exhausted, so I made supper and somehow he convinced me to go to bed.  Yes, I fell asleep at 7:30 pm, and yes, it was still light out.  I didn’t get up until 8:00 am the next morning.  That is 12.5 hours of sleep.  It was well worth it!

No comments: