Love Is....

Love Is....

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Farm Girl

Well, I've done it.  I think this makes it official, I have a farm.  I brought on some new family members today.  I now have chickens.  Mr. and Mrs. Craig Henkel have every so kindly donated to me three of their laying hens.  Craig came out to see what I would need for irrigation and when he saw my chicken coop, he placed the offer of some of his chickens.  They have nine, I think, and they are laying tons of eggs.  I have really been thinking about this for a while, since at least before my surgery.  I am super nervous about having chickens!  I have have no idea about them.  He somehow convinced me they are very easy to take care of and the farm fresh eggs are unbeatable...in which I agree.

When we arrived, Mrs. Henkel asked how many I wanted, three or four?!  Ahhh, was this really happening, yes, it was.  

I will get to know them and get back to you with names for these ladies.

After we loaded up my new friends, Craig was getting in from the field.  He was super sweet and donated to me tons of irrigation supplies including 40 1.5" tubes, 4 or 5 wood board dams for cement ditches, and a big fancy dam for the dirt ditches, oh, and valuable tips to go with them.  I am so thankful for this family who have helped me get started with  my farm.  At one point when Craig was starting, I hope someone did this for him.  This means alot to me!

A dozen fresh eggs to go.  WoW! : )

Oh and don't forget the tractor pull I went to with Garry and Heath at the Mitchel County Fairgrounds to top of my day.  Awesome country life!

No comments: