Love Is....

Love Is....

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Storm Mountain Orthopaedics

Storm Mountain Orthopaedics

9 am doctor's followup appointment went great!  Echo was there to see me and greet me and say good morning!  I walked in there without crutches, with Heath by my side.  Dr. Sarin and Jamie checked my incisions, took the big wrap off and put on two small bandaids.  Amazing how small of an area he used.  Dr. Sarin reexplained the situation (since I was not on drugs anymore :).  Totally amazing!  I will be weight bearing as soon as I can, using crutches for support only.  He did say that my labrum was torn away from itself so he didn't need to tack onto the bone.  It was flapping back and forth into my joint and destroyed part of my hyaline cartilage so he removed that too.  Basically he just cleaned things up in there.  He did say that I will have arthritis 10-20 years from now, but that means it will just be stiff in the mornings and then be ok!  He sent us on our way, with a followup/suture removal appointment back in Scottsbluff next Friday!

Logo

We got into the car and headed to my absolutely FAVORITE restaurant in Steamboat, Creekside Cafe.  There is seriously nothing better than sitting out on the veranda listening to the stream rush by (very high right now) with flowers placed just perfectly to set the ambiance.  Nice cool morning with no wait to get seated...usually there is at least a 30 minute wait because it is so fantastic.  I of course had to get the fruit, yogurt, and homemade granola.  It is indescribable!  Heath had the chicken fried steak.  I was just so much at peace, sitting there in the gardens with Heath.  It was soo wonderful!

We got into the car and headed out.  We had orders to stop every hour and walk around to keep my blood moving.  Heath was very good about this and we followed orders to the tee.  I did fall asleep for part of the trip which made it go alot faster.  No pain.  Great driver.  Wonderful life!

When we arrived in Nebraska, we decided to stop by my house to check on Miss Penney and the garden and the house.  Everyone was doing well!  We headed over to Heath's house and I passed out on my bed while he so GRACIOUSLY emptied the car.  His parents brought over an excellent supper for all of us.

Mama is arriving at 10:30 pm at the Scottsbluff airport!!  I haven't seen her since Christmas, SOOO excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :)

P.S.  I have learned a few things from this trip:  I LOVE STEAMBOAT-summer or winter!!  I will also start making alot of tacos and homemade granola once I get into my new house!

No comments: