Love Is....

Love Is....

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Seasons of Life Women's Retreat

What a beautiful morning oh Lord!
“This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice in it.” ~Psalm 118:25

This is the way I know I should feel, but this is definitely not  where my heart was today.  With a tough week behind us, I just wanted to spend time with Heath.  I had committed to this women’s retreat months before and knew that I would have a great time once I arrived.  I had also been asked to take photographs at the event.  After my goodbye kiss, off I went with my camera.


This Retreat was at the Y.M.C.A. Trails West camp behind the local zoo.  I had only been by it on my bike on the river trail and never been in it.  WOW, I was overwhelmed by the beauty as I pulled into the parking lot talking to my mama on the phone.  Blue skies, crisp, clean, cool air, and a nice assortment of fall flowers in bloom.  I said goodbye to my mama and headed into the really nice lodge-type building.  It took me a while to warm up to the fun-loving, high spirit women when feeling the way I did.  Taking photos helped me get involved and then when we did Jazzercise, I was able to relax a bit


.
Heath told me that he had delivered bottled water to the camp for the event yesterday so I had to go check it out.  Not sure if I would stay the whole time, I did and for that I am glad.  Such wonderful women of faith through thick and thin, it is all in God’s hands which is all the more reason to worship and praise God in these times.

"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength."
~Philippians 4:13~

The ladies from my original Bible study, when I first moved to Western Nebraska, put on this beautiful event.  This was the first year and there were over 50 women there!  Praise God!

Connie invited Heath and I back for tonight with their Bible study who was joining together for a potluck supper.  When I got home from the event, I rested a bit and did some chores before Heath encouraged me to ride my bike.  I ended up riding it into town to the potluck.  We showed up empty handed and they accepted us with 100% grace and fed us and loved on us.  What a wonderful circle of friends.  Connie and Ernie have seen me full circle from when I moved here four years ago shattered and broken after my divorce to watching my life build back up to my marriage with Heath.  What a wonderful, supportive couple!


Turkeys on my bike ride.

My awesome new handle bars.  Yellow on a Blue bike!

No comments: