Love Is....

Love Is....

Sunday, January 4, 2015

A New Year!


So, a couple of weeks ago, I got a wild hair when I emailed Bill my question:  "How far is Plano or Allen or North Dallas?"  These are three different locations of an indoor triathlon that popped up when I did a Google search on 'triathlons near Dallas.'  I hadn't even talked to Heath yet about racing again, just wanted to see if it was even close before I presented the idea to my man.  Bill told me that Plano is a short 20 minutes away.  So....I brought the idea before Heath and somehow he already knew about it!  He was all for me starting to race again, but we had to be sure that I was going to be able to get off work to go for sure.  I waited for the final go ahead from my boss to be given those three days off, so I hopped on the internet and signed up.  It was a great feeling!

This was an indoor one so it was quite different than any other outdoor ones I have done.  We had set times allotted for each event and set transition times to get from one station to the next.  Instead of racing the distance for time, we raced the time for distance!

10 minute SWIM * 30 minute BIKE * 20 minute RUN
21 lengths in the POOL * 9.5 miles on a stationary spinning BIKE * 2.25 miles on a TREADMILL

It was a GREAT first race since surgery!  I am so thankful for a great surgeon and a wonderful husband who has supported me through it all!  It has been 2 years this week that I last raced.  It was actually a double race with a 5K on New Year's Eve Day and a 1/2 marathon on New Year's Day in Allen, Texas, 2013.  Heath ran them both with me!

When I finished stretching and cleaning up after the race, we headed back to the house.  Everyone was getting ready for church when we got there.  I ate a quick second breakfast and we were off to church.  It was a HUGE church and it was just one of three and it was considered a "satellite" location to the main branch near Dallas.  I was awestruck by their annual budget of over $37 million dollars, that is a BIG church with lots of different ministries and outreaches!

Praises for a safe and healthy arrival to Texas
and for the completion of my triathlon.

When we were finished worshiping our Lord and Savior, we headed to Babe's, a family style chicken restaurant/country store.  It was way cool!  We each just ordered our type of chicken and then all the sides came to be passed, family style.  IT WAS AWESOME!  Mashed 'taters, green beans, corn, biscuits, with my entree of smoked chicken.  Heath had chicken fried steak.  YUM!

Such a cool place!

Our Babes at Babes!

No comments: