Love Is....

Love Is....

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Birthday Girl!

Today, is my 29th birthday.  I am finally as old as Katie and Whitney...LOL!  I so wish I could find that picture of the three of us from when we were young standing, hand-in-hand with each other, by Rochester Park pond.  It is absolutely, totally precious.  Then, we did another rendition of that photo at Whitney's bridal shower in Oxford, Mississippi and then, yet again, at our 10 year class reunion back in Rochester, Illinois.  We go way back and for that, I am forever thankful.  I can pick up the phone any day rain or shine, after not talking to either of them for ages and we pick up right where we left off.  Whitters has a beautiful baby boy and Katie is embarking on seminary school while I am embracing my new marriage.

Someone sent me this awesome video that brought tears to my eyes.  I so want to share.  Please let me know what you think of it.  It is beautiful!


On birthday note, my husband stopped by work today to let Frank and the boys know that it is my birthday!  About noon, Heath and Pa showed up to take me for a birthday lunch.  It was perfect timing as the guys were just getting back to the office so I could leave.  I got to sit in the middle and eat my Runza ice cream cone.

Shortly after that, Gram stopped by with a dish of vanilla Culver's ice cream.  What a nice surprise!  Ice cream twice in one day!

Tonight, was our first night serving in the nursery during AWANA.  What a great church program for kids.  Our AWANA group is really active and growing at our church.  The group meets each Wednesday for an evening of fun, fellowship, and Bible verse memorization.  The staff and their families are invited to enjoy a meal before the activities commence.

Heath tried to buy me one more ice cream cone, so it could be from him.  The first one was from his dad and the second one was from his mom, so he wanted this one to be from him.  I politely declined, asking for a raincheck!

By the time we got home, I was exhausted.  I had done a swim workout this morning so I was away from the house for almost 15 hours!  That's alot but definitely an AWESOME, blessed day!

No comments: