Love Is....

Love Is....

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Totally Surprised!

I have been reading and listening to Focus on the Family and Family Life alot this past week trying to get as many tips as possible to make Valentine's Day extra special for my man.  We did get to sleep in as we listened to the rain coming down through our open window.  I asked Heath if we could celebrate another day because I would be working late.  He was totally fine with it knowing that I wanted to do something special for him.  With that agreed upon, I gave him a fun little coupon book  (thanks to the help of Family Life resources) in the morning before leaving for work.  Just a little something.

The rain was a blessing in disguise because Heath didn't have to work today.  He was then able to drive Gram to the airport for her flight home.  Everything happens for a reason!

Meanwhile, I were in a crazy rush at the clinic and I saw a tall person wearing a dark coat out of the corner of my eye.  Trying to focus on finishing with the client in front of me, I didn't greet this person right away.  He was greeted by my colleague.  When I was finished, I turned around and sure enough it was MY MAN!  Heath surprised me with a beautiful pink rose, probably the biggest one I have ever seen!!  He wanted to take me to lunch, so I told him that I would be available starting at 12:10 pm.  Little did I know, he waited so kindly and patiently for me in his truck.

We ate at Firehouse Subs and I had my favorite, the Beef and Cheddar on wheat with mayo, steamed!  Yep, I don't know what it is about this combination with the bbq sauce and mayo, but it is amazing and keeps me fuller longer than my normal lunches!  YAY!  Middle of the week surprise date!  This moment kept me going all day.  When I texted Heath to tell him that I was going to be even later than I had originally planned, he graciously texted back "bike or food first."  What a man, he knows me soo very well!  Since it was Tuesday and I didn't ride this morning, he knew that I would be needing to do that tonight.  I replied, "food!"

As I was walking up our apartment stairs, I could smell something wonderful cooking.  I was so graciously greeted by my man at the top of the stairs waiting for me to get home!  The first thing I saw was that he had set up my bike in the our living room and laid out my biking clothes, shoes, and heart rate monitor.  He even aired up my tires and placed my yoga mat under it.  WOW, this truly almost brought me to tears.  I had only asked him to bring it in off the deck earlier because I don't like her getting rained on, but all of this!?!


WOW, Heath had all of these flowers....everywhere!  It was absolutely amazing as he had totally cleaned our place, done laundry, set the table, had dinner ready, and a bath drawn.  It was beautiful.  Absolutely beautiful!  I am totally on cloud 9!  It was a Kinsey crafted meal of my favorite salad of mixed greens, feta, craisins, and peach vinegar.  He had prepared the best chicken and baby potatoes and cheesy mixed veggies.  INCREDIBLE!  I had no idea!  And here I was thinking we were going to have a regular night.  Turned into a magical fairytale topped off with sparkling grape juice!


"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."  ~1 Corinthians 13:4-8~



I forgot to mention the 3 types of new ice
cream too!  :)  This man truly knows
my heart!


No comments: