Love Is....

Love Is....

Saturday, July 21, 2018

*Heath's Birthday Surprise*

This was a great day!  Heath ended up going into work for pea harvest so this worked out great for me because I was able to 'play house' which I love doing and plan my surprise for his birthday!  Right before lunch I heard someone pull into the driveway.  Barb, Heath's mom, hand delivered the cheesecake pan I wanted to borrow!  I was going to meet her at some point throughout the day and she just surprised me and brought it to the house!  BLESSINGS!  As soon as she left, a plane flew over flying really close.  I went outside and grabbed a few pictures because I have never seen one this close to the house before.  I called Barb and we decided it didn't look like it was spraying, so it was probably someone taking aerial house pictures.  That would make sense since they buzzed the house several times.  It was fun!




I had alot of help with my lunch.  The dogs were by my side!  Unconditional love.

Next on the agenda, cheesecake.  I have the special pan, I have the recipe, it's go time!  The cream cheese was set out prior, to come to room temperature, and I had read all the tips and tricks.  Turns out we needed a water bath for the cheesecake....gotta get creative!  The chokecherry juicer machine has a bottom pan just about the right size!  So, genius here, dual-purposed that machine into a roaster for the cheesecake water bath.  Ahhh, relieved to have figured this all out and feeling mighty resourceful, I dropped the cake into the water bath and stuck it in the oven.  Please note the pliers in the picture below...the fit was so "perfect" and fit right down in there (thanks to the help of gravity) that I didn't think about how I would gracefully remove the cake when it was hot.  And now you know the job for the pliers....

All is well that ends well!

Got the new picnic table dressed and ready for this celebration!  Strung some lights and got his gifts wrapped!

Of course none of this would have happened without all my support team!

So, then I waited, I was all set to go!  The jambalaya was all baked and transferred into a great carrying case that would insulate it to keep it warm.  The cheesecake was complete.  I was waiting outside as a surprise and then I realize that he was still going to be a while so I decided to make a scavenger hunt starting at the front door of the house when he walked in.  I put up about 6 or 7 clues leading him to supper behind the barn.  (I think the animals helped show him as well!)

LOL, took a selfie while waiting!

God provided us with a gorgeous evening to *c*e*l*e*b*r*a*t*e*!


Thanks Mama for the gold chargers, they really dressed things up!

I could hear his truck pull in and the dogs went around to greet him.  Shortly thereafter, here Heath came, around the corner!  So fun!  He had found all of the clues and was following them to meet me for our surprise supper celebration!  After we finished a nice supper and he opened his gifts, I told him to head for the hot tub.  I would meet him there.  This is what I brought to him in the hot tub!  YUMMY, if I say so myself!  I will definitely be recruiting that chokecherry juicer pan again as it turned out delicious!!!!

No comments: