Love Is....

Love Is....

Friday, July 6, 2018

Saying 'No'


More tennis this morning with Tim!  How fun to enjoy beautiful summer mornings getting some exercise with a friend!  Funning thing is that when I pulled out my racquet this morning, look what I found!!  Red Deer Lodge is where Dad, Kristin, and I went with Dean Robert, fishing, in Canada.  We stayed in a cabin on a lake and went fishing each day including shore lunches with our fresh caught fish over an open campfire.  What great memories!  I tell you what, this whole tennis thing has evoked alot of great memories and feelings.  So thankful for this time that I have chosen to say 'no' to some things in order to make time for others.  This is the first time in my life I have given myself the permission to say, 'no.'


For the most part it has been well received.  I am taking time for Heath, my Healing, and our Home and when I explain that, it is hard to argue.  I cannot express to you how liberating it has been.  This in no way has been easy because I am saying 'no' even to good things so that I can make time for great things (as my friend Laura put it the other day).  I have a very hard time prioritizing my time and we all 24 hours in each day.  If you do one thing, it will take time away from another thing.  Finding that balance is what I am seeking each day right now.  I feel like I have been deflecting the 'no' arrows with my shield from my Armor of God.  There are so many things tugging and pulling and asking for our time.  These may be really good things, but for me right now, I am in a season where saying 'no' has been more liberating than I ever could have imaged it being allowing me time to focus on Heath, my Healing, and our Home.

Strawberries, onions, zucchini, deer combo with chia tea.  Yummy,
nourishing breakfast.

Trying to stop "clinging to my old ways" and looking for the adventure
God has planned for me, for us, for our marriage.

Our tiger lilies are in full bloom!

* BIG * Bright * Beautiful *

Spur of the moment DATE NIGHT to Cheyenne.  Olive Garden and then hotel!

Complete with my favorite flower!
*SUNFLOWERS*
(from the ditch!!)

No comments: