Love Is....

Love Is....

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Goose and Duck Hunting

My husband hiding in the weeds.

"Duck!" (No pun intended!!)

I had a really quiet morning as I stayed in bed under our heated blanket to rest, relax, and blog.  I think I totally freaked out our dogs because I seldom do this.  They were quite concerned for me.  LOL!  Heath spoiled me even though the weekends are my turn to cook.  He made me a smoothie for breakfast and a salad for lunch, yes, still in bed at that time!  HAHA!

About 1:30 pm, our friend Danny brought all of his goose decoys out to the house.  Bill was there too.  He comes up from Colorado alot during the waterfowl season.  Heath's brother Bill also came out to join us.  We had alot of fun hiding in the weeds watching, listening, and well shooting.  60 degrees = beautiful day!  As the darkness was setting in, there was a chill in the air.   We were in the middle of picking up the decoys when Heath saw a low duck (finally!).  He told his brother to shoot, but he wasn't quite quick enough.  Heath pulled up, shot, and down the duck went.  A beautiful mallard.  Good job Honey.  We did not get skunked!

No comments: