Love Is....

Love Is....

Monday, December 15, 2014

And It Snowed....

My car buried in HUGE drift.

Woah, *S*N*O*W*!  We woke up to a winter wonderland and LOTS of huge snowy drifts.  Heath, bless his heart, brought me breakfast in bed while he did chores and got the pickup warmed up so he could take me to work today.  I am so incredibly blessed.  Thank you Lord for such an amazing man you have entrusted to me!

Heath went out to help Garry load out his wheat today and also to hang out with him on his birthday.  When Heath got his pickup stuck in the snow, Garry let him borrow his truck to come pick me up from work.  When we got home, Heath was running through our driveway with the pickup, opening up the drifts that had settled in with the wind this afternoon.  On Saturday, our tractor blew a solenoid which they went to town to get replacement parts for but haven't had time to fix it yet, so it was out of commission.  Both of our cars were buried under several feet of snow, so my work began.  (Oh, I forgot to mention that he helped 3 or 4 random people get unstuck today!)


While he was opening the drive, he went to turn around and we hit our irrigation ditch and high-centered the pickup.  He dug and dug and dug dirt out from under the pickup, but nothing.  Eventually, he came back up to the house and I was just beginning to unbury my car and he got in it and we tried to use my Honda to get the Ford unstuck.  It didn't work and I didn't know how else to help, so I went to get the fire going in the house and then worked on getting his car unburied.  He finally decided he had dug long enough and came in and we ate french toast together before retiring by the fire to read.

No comments: