Love Is....

Love Is....

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Frosty Morning, Happy Birthday Garry, and 10th Round

I got breakfast in bed this morning after we got to sleep in a bit.  Then, Heath went to the Men's Breakfast at church with his dad while I rested some more before 'playing house.'  It was a pretty frosty morning.  The Lord brought us a beautiful winter day.
























At 1 pm, we had a birthday celebration for Garry.  Fuzz and Barb came out to join us as the men were already working on the barn after their class.  Barb did all the cooking, all I had to do was set the table.  It was a delicious roast with veggies, a salad, and angel food cake with ice cream.  Great food and fellowship!



As evening approached, Heath and I got ready to go out for our second night in a row (to the same place as last night, different event)!  Tonight, we had been invited to an event called "10th Round" which was to watch the National Finals Rodeo final round, taking place in Vegas.  We were with a bunch of other rodeo enthusiasts which made it fun.  There was a live auction as well as a silent auction going on.  We were able to donate a praying cowboy and some hooks for the silent auction.  It was a fundraiser for the Cowboy Crisis Fund which helps support rodeo cowboys while they cannot compete due to injury.  Heath and I decided that we could afford to go if we made enough money at our craft shows and sure enough, we did.  Thank you for the blessing, Lord.  We got to sit next to Connie and Ernie which was awesome fellowship.

We had a nice evening.  I will have to admit though, I must be getting old because when the rodeo was over and the band started to play, I was ready to go home and go to bed.  Granted it was 11 pm by this point, but in college I wouldn't even go out until at least 9 or 9:30 pm!  LOL!  Heath is always such a trooper, up for anything.  We have so much fun together.  I was asleep before we got home.  ;)

No comments: