Love Is....

Love Is....

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Sunday!

Kid's Christmas Story Play at Church

Today, was our day to cook for the college kids.  Until about a week ago, this was just a date on our calendar and then ended up being a very crazy, but fun morning.  We found out the children were having their Christmas play during Sunday school, Stella, my swim coach would be joining us for church today, I would be taking family photos, and we were cooking for the college kids.  Heath and I went grocery shopping this morning and then hit the Christmas play before he went to the kitchen  to start cooking and I met up with Stella for church.  He basically cooked for 27 people by himself!  We had to give Pastor Wayne a hard time because this was the first time in a while we had gotten out before noon, so we rushed Heath a bit.  Once church was over, we found out there were only two college kids, so Heath asked me to go recruit some families to join us for lunch.  We had a great turn out and really enjoyed the fellowship with the families that were able to join us.  After lunch, I went to take family photos.  We had fun and I think the turned out great!

Heath cooking for the college kids!!  Homemade Chicken and noodles, salad,
Hawaiian rolls, mixed veggies, and Barb's chocolate cake.

We got home this afternoon and I took a two hour nap before rising to make Debbie Huffman's famous sugar cookies.  I have to admit, Debbie's taste alot better than mine and one year at their annual Christmas party, I hit the all time record of eating 17 Christmas trees!

In the beginning....

Following instructions....

Final Product = Debbie's Sugar Cookies!  :)

No comments: