Love Is....

Love Is....

Saturday, May 30, 2015

*Bountiful* Harvest / Basket


We were blessed with LOTS of eggs (of all colors) and a very awesome Bountiful Basket.  (visit http://www.bountifulbaskets.org/ to find your local Bountiful Baskets site)  FRESH, NATURAL, and YUMMY!

Let me tell you a bit of a story on these eggs.  While I was out mowing by the driveway this afternoon, Heath came up and waved his arms signifying me to stop that he wanted to talk.  I turned off my blades and idled it down so that I could hear him.  He actually hopped on the mower with me and took me over to the barn.  In the irrigation part of our barn, he gently pointed out behind and underneath several boards was a nest with about 15 blue eggs!  No WONDER I haven't been finding them!  Then, he took me over into the stall part of the barn and there was yet another nest of at least that many or more!  I had just had a pep talk with my girls about their laying habits and come to find out, they were laying, just asking me to find them!  For the last couple of weeks, every time I went to the nest where they usually lay, there was nothing!

We hadn't been collecting them every day (since we didn't know we had to have an Easter egg hunt each day), we had to do the float test on all of the eggs to see if they were still good.  This test  is super simple.  It includes filling up a bowl with cold water and placing the eggs in it.  If the eggs float to the top they are not good to eat, if the stay under water and lay flat on the bottom of the bowl they are very fresh, and if they point straight up to the ceiling they are still good but need to be eaten right away.  You can use this test for both farm eggs as well as store bought eggs to see if they are still good to eat.  Here is quick reference guide written by someone on a blog with some good visuals to inspecting your eggs.  http://food-hacks.wonderhowto.com/how-to/tell-if-your-expired-eggs-are-still-good-eat-0154309/.


Lately, I have been really into trying to simplify things and be more 'natural.'  I found this laundry detergent the other day and thought that I would give it a try.  I was very impressed with the cleaning quality and it is SUPER cheap compared to the regular Tide.  It works in my HE machine and SMELLS very good!  It is clear, eliminating any artificial coloring!

No comments: