Love Is....

Love Is....

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

REconnect


Last night was wonderful with Granny!  As I was getting ready for bed, I texted my friends, the Monroe's, who live in Hannibal, Missouri.  Since I was so close, I really wanted to visit with them and see their new home.  As it turns out, I missed them on my way in but was hoping to catch them on the way out.  Liz said that she would be home and I asked if we could catch a run together.  I thought that would be a great way for me to stretch my legs for my roadtrip back home.

I got up early and was careful not to wake Granny, MapQuested Liz's location, and headed out.  Bye Granny, Love You!  As I headed to Hannibal, it was raining so hard that I wasn't sure if we'd be able to catch a run.  As I pulled up to their beautiful home outside of Hannibal, I was greeted by Duke, their sweet weimar and Liz!  We chatted as she showed me their new home and what all they had done with it.  It was super cute and very nice!  I even stole an idea (with permission) for my bathroom shower curtain!  YOU ARE MY SUNSHINE theme!!!!

By the time we finished the tour, my acid reflux was getting the best of me so, we decided to just walk instead of run.  We took Duke on the walk and on our way out, she showed me their garden and yard.  AWESOME work they have done!  Our walk was so wonderful as we caught up for the several lost years in there.  She is a cancer survivor and we talked about that and how well she is doing now.  I told her about Heath and how special he is to me!  All the time we are walking on a country oiled road that was curvy and lined with big beautiful trees.  Woah humidity, I have forgotten about you!  Sweat started rolling (in all sorts of places) when the sun decided to break up those rain clouds.  Curly hair, wow, haven't seen you in a while.  I never thought that I would miss humidity, but I do miss my curly hair!

I am so thankful for this wonderful, wonderful visit with Liz.  I am so happy to hear her story and to hear how wonderful she and Kyle are doing!  Praise God!

From the country oiled road that was curvy and lined with trees to
wide open spaces....welcome back to Nebraska!

No comments: