Love Is....

Love Is....

Thursday, June 15, 2017

Fun * Fellowship * Friends

**Insert random side note:  Have you ever wondered why we use soap?  On Monday after my bike in the am - I showered with soap and after my swim in the pm - I showered again.....and I'm not going to lie, I didn't use soap.  I figured I was clean enough from my previous shower, just needed to wash that chlorine off....so I did!  What are your thoughts when you shower 1, 2, 3, or SOMETIMES 4 times per day (Texas summer heat + activities = lots of showering)?  Comment below!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

On a totally other note, on Tuesday evening, we had another craft night.  My friend Nancy, whom I regularly hang out with on Monday's has been sharing her passion of crafts with our church.  Every second Tuesday of the month for the past several months, we have been having a Craft Night at church.  Come one, come all!  Nancy's fun-loving spirit and passion for Jesus has brought her to share with others.  I am blessed to be able to attend these nights as a way to meet other women and just down right have a fun evening!

We are working on increasing the number of attendees so we can share the *joy* of crafting and fellowship.  Nancy has a table each Sunday to show the up and coming craft.  She has people sign up so we know how many to expect.  She also is diligent in sending out emails to those who have signed up.  This month we decided to try a different way to address the group.  We created a fun, photo and link filled email through a free service called MailChimp.  Nancy has a Pinterest account with several boards to browse.  Check it out:  https://www.pinterest.com/nancygou/

This month's craft was decorating flip-flops and painting canvas shoes.  Below are a few of the samples Nancy made.





See what I mean when I say she is awesome at crafts!?  These are all created and completed by Nancy!

My creation:  Bright and Summer-y

Our goal is to have enough crafts created to go to a craft show and donate the proceeds.  We are really excited as we begin to brainstorm, plan, and execute this idea!  Feel free to let us know if you have some how-to's and what not to do's for us!  :)

No comments: