Love Is....

Love Is....

Friday, June 23, 2017

~Mini Tri Morning~



"Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be."   
  -Dr. George Sheehan (1918-1993) cardiologist, runner, author

I got wild hair last night and decided to do a mini tri this morning, so I did.  I swam 1200 m (kick-only), biked 13.1 miles, and ran 3.1 miles.  Thank you Lord for my ability, desire, and drive!  I had the opportunity to try out my new seat and handlebar set up we worked so hard on yesterday.  Outcome:  front is excellent, seat - much better, just need to get some miles in the saddle and see if we need to make a few more small changes.

Sweat, sweat, and more sweat.
Sweat in eyes.
Burning.

I was ssssssooooooo excited for breakfast when I got home!  I cooked some eggs with fresh kale and basil, S + P, and leftover jalapeño brat (with the casing removed).  I added more protein with a scoop of peanut butter and a swirl of my Wyoming honey from Morgan!  To get my fruit this morning, I made a smoothie.  It was pretty simple this morning....frozen blackberries from Sprout's, frozen banana, ice, and almond milk.  That's it.  Simple.Fresh.Delicious.


This is a picture of my new seat.  It was a good ride today...finally out on the roads.  Since I was solo, I just hung around Cooper neighborhoods for lower traffic and congestion.  I wore bright orange and my reflective vest for added safety.

One of the other pieces of advice from my seat fit yesterday was to use the wheel on my road bike (so graciously loaned to me by Kristin) and put my trainer tire (rubber part) on it.  This way, while on my trainer, I won't wear out my nice tire/wheel combination.  What a great way to use your resources!

Headed for a weekend with my hubby followed by our guests of honor arriving next week.  Justin, Andrew, and Jaime will flying in on Tuesday evening.  We are super excited and pray for a safe trip and a great week of fellowship, connection, and family.

No comments: