Love Is....

Love Is....

Sunday, June 25, 2017

*Sun*day*


Heath and I had a leisurely morning as we took our time going down to eat breakfast at our hotel.  Funny story:  I was super excited to eat outside on the hotel veranda under the big ole' shade trees.  On the way out the door I held the door for a gentleman and his son.  Little did I know there was only one table left.   This was *such* a good reminder for me:  "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others."  Thank you Lord for the subtle reminders each day!

We headed back out to the lake for a day in resting in God's beauty.  Big~beautiful clouds danced above us blocking out the heat of the sun yet letting just enough rays through to warm the water.

African basket in tow, snacks, beach towels!  We found a nice little
tree for some added protection from the sun!


Jesus Calling is a devotional book that I have been given as a gift many times.  Now, I know why.  I finally picked it up towards the beginning of the year and it is fantastic!  I cannot say enough about this book.  It speaks to my heart each day when I read.  It doesn't matter if I am behind or tracking right along, the words speak.to.my.heart.  Please find the following excerpt from June 20th.



God uses so many things in our lives to point us to Him.  The better we know Him, the more and more we notice these things (big or small), the more and more peace and joy we experience.  He LOVES US!

**Side note**  We found an awesome kolachi place in West, Texas.  On the way down to Austin we barely made it before close at 10 pm....today, we made it in plenty of time with lots of fresh, hot choices!  Heath's particular favorites are the blueberry and cream cheese and the strawberry and cream cheese.  My favorite, the monkey bread/cinnamon roll with raisins!  They warm them up to amazing-ness!  This is a must see if ever you find yourselves anywhere close to West.

No comments: