Love Is....

Love Is....

Monday, June 12, 2017

Monday

I packed Heath's lunch and got back on my bike again this morning AND....I SWEATED ALOT!  See picture below:


The summer heat hasn't fully arrived yet and for that I am thankful.  The summer battle is to workout A)  in the mornings while the sun is still asleep and have high humidity or B)  workout in the evenings with the sun and lower humidity.  Don't ask me which is better because I haven't figured it out yet.  :)  I will say that even though my bike session was a quick 30 minute-er, it was intense intervals which got my heart rate a-goin' and then drop back down, and repeat, and repeat, and repeat....you get the picture.

Heath headed out during my cool down and left with a quick, sweaty kiss.  What a gentleman who loves me no matter what....the sweat didn't even scare him away.  Quick shower and some breakfast before I headed to Nancy's.

Nancy has gotten herself a new toy!  A Cricut 3.  She had me download the software to my laptop and told me we could play today and play we did!  In less than 5 minutes, we had Heath and I's brand cut out on sticky vinyl.  Do you know how long I have wanted to put our brand on my bike!?  There is the perfect spot for it under my seat post, I just didn't know where to get it done.  Wa-lah!  5 minutes and we had a masterpiece!  We just have so much fun together.  Her love for God and crafts really shines through in our time together on Monday mornings.


If I have to be somewhere on Monday's, I have to set an alarm otherwise we could chat and play alllllll day!  We just have an absolute blast.  {insert alarm going off in other room}  {SNOOZE}  Just one more snooze??!!  I tried to ignore the alarm coming from the other room, but "Kinsey, your phone is making noises!"  Ok, now Norman had to get involved....I couldn't deny it anymore, I had to go.

Off to my appointment and then stopped by Walmart to grab a few things for the week.  It was truly a rocket run/shop that ended up taking me 3 trips up the stairs...LOL.  Bum shoulder slowing me down a bit in daily activities.  Much to my surprise, I fully utilized the small window of time I had.  I  managed to plan and lay out supper before heading off to work.

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving."  Colossians 3:23

Heath had encouraged me to try swimming after work to see how my shoulder would do.  I usually don't swim in the evenings as my masters' team swims in the mornings.  I kid you not, it was the most God presence I have felt in a while, all within a 2 hour period!

It was truly incredible starting with seeing my physical therapist as I walked up the stairs to the entrance of Cooper.  We talked for a while about my symptoms and he suggested making an ortho appointment which I had already done.  I then got no further than the front desk and the front desk lady, asked me if I was still missing those shoes from several months ago!??  What, she remembers me out of all the people in this gym?!  Yes, she did.  She went to the back closet as I was secretly holding my breath and pulled out a pair of pink and purple Altras that looked exactly my size.  Crazy, but those were the exact pair I was wearing tonight.  The ones I lost were pink Altras, but white instead of purple.  She was super sweet to even think of me and remember from waaaay back in January.  I proceeded to the pool and ran into a guy from the swim team that has been off from swimming to prepare for his 100 mile race in Florida.  (*Also, the gentleman who deserves the credit for my "fun lap" that I use to conclude every swim workout.)  Sure enough, Mark has successfully completed his first 100 mile run.  INCREDIBLE, AMAZING, GOD!  So many things to say and so awesome that we talked about how much he felt God's presence in his race and how he so humbly accepted the help of his wife and kids along the route.  He wants to write a book about aging and pursuing goals....basically that just because you age, doesn't mean that God doesn't still have a plan for your life.  Never give up!  Pursue with purpose!

Ok, wrap up the inspirational conversation with my 100 mile athlete friend (not only from an athletic point-of-view, but also spiritually) and try to see how that shoulder was going to work.  Yep, made it to the flags....yes, the ones 2 meters from the wall.  No pushing through this pain, I lost all power on my stroke.  Hmmmm...never thought about getting out of the pool because on a regular day, it's a simple tricep push out at the end of the pool.  Today, the ladder on the side of the pool....or wait...how do you climb a ladder without the use of one arm....done...not pretty, but I made it out of the pool.  Just about the time, a friend of mine that I met when we first moved here, got done coaching her swim team.  We had a very long, very inspirational, spiritual conversation about life and marriage.  Truly a blessing all around.

What could have been a very disheartening swim session turned into something that I couldn't have planned if I tried.  @Godknowsbest  It was incredible and Heath heard all about it when I got home.  He was sweet enough to have waited for me to cook dinner since I told him I would....I just didn't know it'd be at 10 pm, but we had a blast eating and watching cartoons at the kitchen table!  A blast from the past!  @lifessimplemoments  @captureeachmoment

If this leaves you wondering why I do not typically workout in the evenings?!  Now you have it, I would never get a workout done due to my social life.

Workout = check
Fellowship = check
Appointment = check
Groceries = check
Prepare supper = check
Work = check
Swim/Fellowship/Awesome God moments = priceless
Dinner with Heath and watched cartoons at 10 pm = perfect end to the day!

Wow, I didn't mean to get so windy, but WOW did God have alot to tell me and show me today.  For I am grateful!  :)

No comments: