Love Is....

Love Is....

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

RECAP: Monday

SOooo, on Sunday evening, I chose to take another day off swimming (I usually swim M, W, F or some combination of those days).  P.S.  I had also decided prior to this decision, that I would go to practice and just do kick sets.  I finally came to the realization that I would be better off in the long run to see the physical therapist prior to entrance back into the pool.  You know, get the go ahead and not be stubborn....anyone ever wrestled themselves with this question?!?!!  SOOOO....this is how I spent my morning before work......

I met my dear friend Nancy for our weekly fellowship.  We finished up making earrings for the rest of the folks at my clinic.  Earrings are so fun and just show so much personality.  It is a JOY to do crafts with Nancy and chat about just about anything and everything!  She is such an inspiration to all who have the pleasure of meeting her!

From Nancy's, I headed to meet my new physical therapist.  The one with 25+ years of experience.  First, I called to be sure I knew where I was going, but I had the wrong name of the place.  After several phone calls including one to the ortho doctor who recommended this place, I finally got her number and arrived and my destination early!  This is literally so close to my house, I could walk!  ....this mini-confusion was a bit stressful, but once I arrived....I was wowed!

The moment I walked in, I was greeted with smiles, happiness, and joy!  Later, I learned that Mrs. practices PT with her husband.  Their daughter has a spa at the same location which has tons of different services.  It's the whole package for healing!  So awesome!

They spent over 2 hours with me for my initial evaluation.  She took me into a room and listened to my concerns and did a physical exam.  Immediately she identified my scoliosis and started working from there on her treatment plan for me.  She is the first person to ever treat my WHOLE body and not just the symptomatic body part.  Several of the small things that I have going on, we discussed and she explained scientifically the how and why they were happening.  The best part is when she told me that we would correct them.

She then sent me out into the "gym."  This had such a cool feel.  I stepped into the "gym" just in awe.  It was full of joyful patients and equipment that looked like it was from the olden days.  See photo below that I borrowed off of their website.  (Stonebridge Physical Therapy http://www.stonebridgephysicaltherapy.com/SPT/Physical_Therapy.html).  I have never seen anything like this.  Fascinating!

 Stonebridge Physical Therapy
The Gym - photo credit:  Stonebridge Physical Therapy

I was greeted by a nice gentleman that I soon learned was my physical therapist's husband.  He taught me the first 5 important parts of pilates including breathing and posture.  It was soooo much information.  He worked through it all with me step - by - step.  While I was learning, we were talking about Moses and the Bible.  After the pilates session, they hooked my shoulder up to electrode thingys and put an ice pack over the top.  I sat there while it did it's work and talked to Mr. about diet and food and being as clean as possible.  So much was packed into this 2 hours, that I am just thankful, so very thankful and very hopeful for a full body recovery!

I stayed so long at PT, I had to hurry home to change, eat, and head to work for the afternoon shift.  I made it just in time!  I got off work at 7:30 pm and my wonderful Prince Charming was outside waiting for me.  My good friend Kristin was in town from Nebraska, staying at the Gaylord Texan for a work conference.  Heath drove me down to Grapevine so that I didn't have to worry about traffic after a long day at work.  Also, so that I didn't have to drive after dark.  He knows how tired I get at night.

He dropped me off at the front door and just waited while Kristin and I had a great visit.  He is truly amazing!

Big atrium surrounding beautiful indoor gardens and water features.

Giant/Texas-sized cowboy boot statue.

Kristin and I got our chai tea at a Starbucks and walked on all the paths inside and outside of the Gaylord.  It was so fun to catch up and walk together.  We used to catch up 1-2 times each week on the Y trail in Scottsbluff.  I miss our times together, but know she is doing well!

No comments: