Love Is....

Love Is....

Saturday, June 9, 2018

Break #1: Saturday

Lovely first breakfast included broiled grapefruit with honey,
sea salt, and rosemary, fresh mozzy with maple syrup drizzled
over the top, and grilled peppers and onions.

Great purchase, enjoying them daily!  Already have
lots of miles on them.

Saturday is Farmer's Market Day!  This was my big plan for today, browsing/sampling/tasting/indulging in fresh, local, nourishing, real food.  I have been super excited about this all week long!  Last minute, I thought to send my new friend, Kim (from the Running Room), a message to see if she would like to join me.  She, in fact, had to work but invited me to meet up for to coffee with her and her aunt and uncle!  How fun!  She said that her aunt and uncle would then be headed over to the Market and I could join them if I'd like.  OH LIFE, how I enjoy being open to adventure and seeing what doors God opens daily.  We met at a coffee shop called Cafe Steam which was right along Broadway, just minutes away from the Market.  So, I enjoyed my quiet walk to Cafe Steam.


Her aunt and uncle had just moved back to Rochester from owning a coffee shop in Hawaii!  How cool is that!  We had a great visit getting to know each other and enjoying great fellowship over our hot drinks.  I had the house's homemade chai tea latte (Rose has incorporated one cup of a hot caffeinated drink into my diet to help things keep moving).  After we finished, Kim headed to work and I walked with Steve and Gwen to pick up Gwen's 94 year old mama for the Market.  AWESOME!  She was all ready to go and waiting outside for us to meet up with her.  She walked all of the way to the Market and was just as spunky as ever!  Gwen said that she really likes to get out to enjoy the Market!

*LIVE*LOVE*LAUGH*ALWAYS*

Cheers to my new friends!



I had a couple of things in mind going into the Market and ended up with an excellent assortment!  I really like this posting they had on their Facebook page about trying new things.


See my wonderful finds below, including:
  • Mixed bag of lettuce
  • Arugula - so hard to find in Scottsbluff!
  • Beets with the tops!
  • Garlic
  • Asparagus
  • Pea shoots
  • Salad and sunflower microgreens - I really want to learn how to grow these!  Please let me know if you know how!  I'd take any advice!
  • and.....brat BURGERS to take home to Heath!  Awesome!
  • Fresh homemade cinnamon roll - I had planned to just try a bite and then freeze to take to Pa (my father-in-law), then I made the mistake of putting it into the microwave for just a few seconds to melt that ooey, gooey yumminess.....the rest is history.....
  • Hot sausage burrito (breakfast #2) from a local farm with salsa, peppers, onions, cheese while I walked around the Market


I had a really fun walk home, taking pictures here and there and everywhere.  I walked by a kayak/paddle boat rental place as I visited with Heath and told him all about my awesome finds at the Market.  I also asked him if he would ride with me in this:

HE SAID YES!!!!!!!

I really did have good intentions!  I started with just the edge, saving the best part (middle) for Pa.  Carefully
wrapped up the remainder in tin foil and put into the freezer while I warmed up my little portion.  Yep, that was
it, game over, I then went back for the middle.  Pa - I just saved you so many calories, you are welcome!

I had planned to go rent a kayak for the afternoon, however, the weather had other plans.  With the rain and drizzle, I decided to save the kayak for another *sunny, warmer* day.  I would like to take my sweet time paddling around the lake, stopping to read my book out in the middle....sounds like fun!  Maybe next week when the weather clears up.  So, laundry and tidying up it is!  I am so fortunate to have an amazing washer and dryer in the basement of this home.  They were huge, I've never seen a washer that big before.  Ahhh, fresh sheets and clean clothes!  While they were washing/drying/getting clean, I enjoyed an afternoon relaxing by writing and cooking!

Fresh goodies from Market!

Dessert included slightly frozen, fresh mozzy with a drizzle of maple syrup served over Forbidden rice!

Earlier in the week, I had dome some research on churches for Saturday evening as I had planned a  Sunday morning bike ride with Rose.  I found a non-denominational church that had a Saturday evening service and sent the link to Heath.  We talked about it and thought it'd be ok.  Then, on Friday, I asked Rose for suggestions.  She asked her colleagues, as she doesn't live in this area.  They recommended Christ Community Church just up the road.  It looked and sounded good, so that is where I attended this evening.  All the songs we sang were new to me, so that was awesome!  The message was very good.  I liked how the Pastor really drew me in and motivated me to action.

My notes on the sermon titled Beating the Odds by Dr. George Kenworthy, interim Pastor:
  • One ordinary day after the other the can be a victory.  All victories don't have to be BIG things.
  • Endurance - challenges over the long-haul.  Experience Jesus.
  • "Surprise Me God" prayers for 30 days.
    • Do not be afraid ~ Isaiah 41:10
    • Trust the conductor who lays the track.
    • Keep on keeping on.
    • Know my God can give me strength to get through anxiety, tension, fear, pain.
  • Do what the book (Bible) says to experience victory.
    • Battles can be long, but victories can be ordinary.
    • We know how the book ends.  GOD WINS!  AMEN!

About that bike ride I had planned for tomorrow, turns out she sent me a text to tell me there were flood warnings in her area and that we probably wouldn't be able to ride in the morning.  This 27 mile  portion of the trail is an old railroad bed that was converted into a biking/hiking/walking paved path.  Bummer, oh well, maybe later on next week!  We were going to get double-chocolate ice cream at her favorite ice cream place!  ;)  Why is my mind always on food?!  ENJOY LIFE!

No comments: