Love Is....

Love Is....

Saturday, June 30, 2018

Girl's Day

Outdoor Adventures and Cooking with a Friend
=
Blessed!

So thankful that I took the time to hang out with my friend today!  It was a much needed time of  rest and refreshment.  We went for a walk to the local coffee shop called the Tarnished Halo and continued with a walk and talk around town.  We walked by a local kids swim meet, so that was neat!  Then, we took her paddle board over to the lake and I got to try it out.  YES, that's me in the picture!  Can you believe it!?  I am standing and balancing on the water!  How awesome and super peaceful.  We took turns while one was paddling around the other was on shore relaxing/reading.  When we finished paddle boarding, we made some lunch.  I brought a whole bunch of yummy garden veggies so we did quite a bit of slicing and dicing.  We made a salad and sautéed some veggies.  We made enough for her and her hubby to have for supper!  It was fun!

I left in what I thought was 'just in time' to beat those very dark clouds rolling in, but turns out about 5 miles out of town it came down hard.  It was a bit unnerving, but I prayed alot.  God eased my fears and we made it through nice and slow.  WOAH, thank you LORD!  By the time I got home, it was sunny and nice again!  All clear, all good!

After I got home, Heath suggested we run into town to look at refrigerators.  My man is awesome!  He had already done all the research in finding just what we needed.  Our current one sounds like a freight train right now.  It freezes my veggies on the top left hand shelf and melts my ice.  Who knows how much longer it might last, but I sure don't want to lose everything.  It was used when I got it and it has definitely served us well over the past several years!  We found one at Menard's and got it ordered.  It is the basic white, freezer on top just like we have now except it is shorter and wider allowing for more shelf space.  Heath is so SMART!  I LOVE HIM!

No comments: