Love Is....

Love Is....

Sunday, June 3, 2018

Mayo Bound

We made it to Rochester safe and sound!  My Air B&B host has been phenomenal and had this whimsical bungalow all ready for me upon our arrival.  It's perfect and a true answer to prayer.  I wanted something safe, comfortable, quiet, and within walking distance to the Clinic.  BLESSED!  My host actually doesn't live on the property but rents out both the upper and lower levels of this cute home.  I am on the second floor in a quiet neighborhood, within 1 mile to the Clinic!  She even works there and has helped me with so many things from cool things to do/see to yoga and healthy grocery store options.  It's wonderful!  I look forward to meeting her!

That's Mayo Clinic in the background.
The one you always read about on Google!!

Dad and I unloaded the car (not much other than a Yeti and some clothes).  We left my bike in the car, in the garage.  Yes, this place even comes with free, covered parking right next to the home.  Good news is that Heath reminded me that I must have room for my Mama upon my return as she will be flying in to drive home with me.  Turns out a ginormous Yeti cooler and a bike and clothes and shoes don't all fit into a Neon AND allow the front seat to be open and have the appropriate space for another persons suitcase and belongings.  SOOOO....I'll be sending the Yeti home with Dad!

The trip has finally arrived!  Been praying about this for
a long time!  Thank you, Lord!

After we got all unpacked and settled in, we decided to walk the route to Mayo so that tomorrow morning would be smooth sailing.  We used the phone map to get us there and it was a lovely walk.  The only part I didn't like was on the main drag, so tomorrow we shall meander through the neighborhoods to avoid that section of the route.

Next order of business = FOOOOOD!  One of my favorite things!  We had been recommended Forager's as one of the best restaurants in town by my host.  WOW, totally a good choice and super cute!  It was quite a bit windy so we ate inside which was decorated really cute.  They also have an outdoor seating area that is secluded and covered in flowers and cute things!

Flower planters out front.

I was so overwhelmed by all the wonderful homemade/fresh/local/amazing-sounding choices of what I would call, "my kind of food" had me thinking that I'd have to return to try more things on their menu.  Being here for two weeks, I could probably work that into my schedule.  ;)  I had the Caprese salad and Dad had the Forager Skillet.  For those of you that don't know what a Caprese salad is (as I really didn't either), it is a bunch of lovely tomatoes sliced served with their house pulled mozzarella cheese served with a balsamic vinegar reduction and basil microgreens.  It's the perfect light summer dish!  Dad's was served in a cast iron skillet with fingerling potatoes, bacon, cheddar cheese baked to  gooey goodness and stuck to the pan, with onions, peppers, eggs, and smoked gouda.  Yep, amazing!  Bummer that I didn't take a picture, but I can assure you just thinking about it is making me hungry!
Tucked in for a good night's rest before beginning treatment in the morning.

No comments: