Love Is....

Love Is....

Sunday, June 10, 2018

Break #2: Sunday

Lovely, amazing, fresh, tasty breakfast.  Includes old fashioned oats and homemade rhubarb sauce, English Breakfast Tea,
fresh veggies, eggs, avocado, microgreens, and deer.

*ASK*SEEK*KNOCK* (credit Barnes and Noble website)
Bible interpretation from my NIV Study Bible out of Psalm chapter 62.

Kinda of crazy to wake up to a 'day with no plans.'  Very liberating, to say the least!  Since I went to church last night (thinking I'd be on a bike ride today), I was starring at a whole open day.  WOW, what an awesome experience to simply embrace.  Nothing that had to be done, nothing that should have been done, just simply doing and being.  This was very rewarding because I didn't stress trying to run myself ragged and do this and do that.  (Rose texted me this morning to confirmed the trail was closed due to flooding.  3.5" people OVERNIGHT!  Can you believe that?!)  

Every time Heath called and asked what I was doing, I said, "Just relaxing."  When he asked what my plans were, I would reply, "Not sure yet, just whatever."  WHAT, who am I?!  Giving myself the freedom and permission to enjoy life is something that I don't grace myself with very often.  However, this is truly important in my healing processes.  Many of the other people that I have met in my pelvic floor program, are highly Type A personalities with a touch of perfectionism.  I definitely can relate to all, way more than I like to admit.  BUT, the good news is that Jesus died for me and He offers me freedom from the things that hold me in bondage.  Prayer is my lifeline!

Fun note from yesterday....my meter was
super low after my lovely cinnamon roll!
This is a win in my book!

During this lovely Sunday, I enjoyed blogging, reading, cooking, and exploring.  Oh, how I love these things!

Kitchen Mishap - slicing, chopping, dicing fresh veggies!

I enjoyed a snack of Fuji apple, fresh mozzy cheese with
a drizzle of maple syrup.


I eventually got a little inspiration to go for a hike/walk/possible jog.  My body was telling me to stay inside and stay cozy, but my mind was telling me to get out and explore and get moving.  It started out with just getting myself out the door and onto the trail....then the exploring happened followed by a bit of jogging and a bit of hiking.  Found the REC Center that I had heard about and the Zumbro River that every one has been referencing.  FREEDOM to EXPLORE and EXPERIENCE and have an ADVENTURE.  I didn't take many pictures as I wanted this experience to be free from distractions.


Funny to admit this after have just gotten all those fresh fruits and veggies, but I was feeling like exploring yet again in the culinary division.  My host, Kristi, had recommended a Vietnamese restaurant just a couple of blocks away.  I seriously contemplated the idea of spending the money, but having never tried it, I decided to give it a try -- after all, I am on vacation.  Super reasonable, very good, and very similar to Thai food but much lighter.  Great experience.

Great day!  Thank you God!

No comments: