Love Is....

Love Is....

Friday, June 22, 2018

Celebration of Life

Mrs. Jean Armstrong passed away and today was her funeral.  Her girls are super supportive and have been by her side since her husband, Bob, passed just a few months ago.  Today, was a celebration of her life, but it was still hard.  So much life that can be lived no matter how many years God gives us.  We are to live them out as each will be our last.  What a different perspective we would have if we truly did this?


When we left the celebration, we were asked to take one of Jean's coloring pages.  She loved to color.  I did not know this about her.  The day she got diagnosed with the cancer, we were having a ladies luncheon over at Clara's.  I remember her calling to tell us that she was very sorry but she just wasn't feeling up to it right now.  We all totally understood.  What a blessing her life has been to so many, such an inspiration!  What a true testimony of God!


Beautiful clouds over our hay field reminded me of God's Glorious Presence is all around us, all of the time.  Taking the time to see the beauty in these things is something I am learning to appreciate.


These words are so familiar as Connie and I did the Beth Moore
Quest Bible study together last fall.  I have these words posted
around my house:  ASK, SEEK, KNOCK.  SO MUCH MORE!

This really struck me today while reading,
so I put it up on my prayer
wall as a reminder.

No comments: