Love Is....

Love Is....

Friday, June 15, 2018

Day #10: Friday ~ Graduation Day!


GOOD morning with Jesus as I spent time in His Word laying in bed relaxing.  I grabbed my tea and brought it to bed with me.  I didn't want to wake up my mama who was asleep on the couch in the living room.  I told her that we could get her some Dunkin' Donut coffee on the way to my last day (and graduation) from Camp Colon.  She was super excited about this!

Fresh, Fresh, Fresh breakfast!  So blessed!

Mama and I had a great morning and took our time getting ready and then walking to the Clinic, showing her all the cute things I have found along this path.  As promised, I walked us right by Dunkin' Donuts so that we could get her a good coffee.  She really likes that kind!  I actually had my first cup of coffee with my mama today when I ordered a small hazelnut coffee with honey and milk (NOT the same as Mo's and not very good), but fun to share a conversation over coffee while sitting outside at Mayo Clinic.

Arriving early, I showed her around a little bit.  She even played the piano!  It was fun to show her all that Mayo is to make it come to life!  We know so much about it via online, but being here is a whole different experience.  It is an amazing destination medical center!

Another grand piano right outside of the patient cafeteria!



I also walked her around 'the Subway' and she was lured in by yummy smells coming from the Cinnabon cinnamon roll place that I have been drooling over all week.  I haven't allowed myself to indulge and here's why:  they had several sizes and that was the problem.  When eating by yourself, you have to think about the size.  The tiny ones were way too small and had absolutely no middle, the middle sized ones were still too small to have that good ooey gooey inside, and the big one was was just that, waaaay too big for one person....BUT whilst splitting, the BIG one was perfect!  We both got to taste that ooey, gooey center and didn't overeat!  It was wonderful!  So glad we did it!


Time for my last appointment with Ms. Rose!  Such mixed feelings about today!  It seems as though these two weeks went both super fast and super slow.  It's been forever since I have been home with Heath but yet it doesn't feel like I could possible be done with this two week program I had been waiting for for so long.  While waiting, Mama and I noticed our shoes are both very similar!  How fun!

Great minds think alike!

After introducing my mama to Ms. Rose, she handed me some paperwork to fill out.  It was the same questionnaire that she had given me upon my arrival the first day.  After I finished it, she did some calculations and gave me the results.  She said that my numbers definitely show improvements and she is super happy with that and I should be too!  Again, she reiterated that everything we had done in the class, I was able to do.  Everything on my take home, 'home program' she reminded me that I could do and had already done successfully in class.  She warned me of setbacks upon arriving home, but that is totally normal.  Do not get discouraged and don't give up.  It is not an overnight fix but yet a marathon of diligence and sacrifice to complete the 'home program' successfully.  It doesn't end after the three month take home program, but she has given me skills for life and especially after big changes happen in life:  new job, big move, new baby, etc.  She totally recommended for me to purchase the biofeedback meter so that I could retest my muscle tightness at any time.  I got that ordered yesterday and had it shipped to our home in Nebraska.

Mama was super impressed with Rose and we had a great farewell.  Rose gave me her cell phone and asked me to keep in touch.  If I ever had any questions to not hesitate to reach out to her via the Mayo Clinic portal, it is safe and secure and she is very quick to respond.  She told me the only thing left to do to pass Camp Colon was to take my mama to Flapdoodle's for ice cream!  WILL DO on our way out!  Looking forward to it!  THANK YOU for everything Rose!~

My graduation gift from Rose.  A princess pen
complete in rose gold and blue.

LUNCH:  Fresh homemade salad for two
before Flapdoodle's ICE CREAM!!!!

So true!

So, I tried probably 4 different types of ice cream including:

  1. S'mores - graham cracker chunks, chocolate, and marshmallow
  2. Very Berry Sorbet - fresh fruit (waaay too healthy tasting - like a smoothie for this occasion -- I can make a smoothie when I get home)
  3. Pralines and Cream - a traditional favorite
  4. Banana Creme Pie - graham cracker crust pieces floating around in it
  5. Cookie Monster - complete with pieces of homemade oatmeal raisin cookies
....so maybe I tried 5 -- but whose counting anyway?!  It's a celebration!  Funny part of this story is that I went back to my new Flapdoodle favorite of Birthday Cake ice cream in a dark chocolate dipped waffle cone with sprinkles on top!

Our drive home was absolutely lovely.  We had a beautiful day in front of us with some pretty country to cover between here and there.  We had the best conversations that stemmed from my Mayo experiences.  We worked through the first chapter in my new OCD workbook and dove right into past childhood experiences and things that my have shaped me into the way I am.  It was fun looking back into my childhood from a different angle and having my mama there to remind me of some of the things that I had forgotten.  It was so fragile yet freeing to have this discussion with her.  I AM GRATEFUL!

We made it home in time to visit with Dennis and Koren who are staying with us for Garry and Barb's 50th wedding celebration tomorrow.  BOY WAS IT GOOD TO SEE HEATH and to be in his arms again.  BLESSED!  The dogs greeted me and so did the song of the crickets.  I AM HOME!

No comments: