Love Is....

Love Is....

Saturday, June 23, 2018

Race Day

What?!  Race day already?  It seemed like so far in the future, them BAM, it's here.  Did I mention Heath and I stayed in the pickup in a little park last night in Loveland?!  I waited to long to find housing because I wasn't sure I'd be racing.  Turns out I waited a bit toooooo long.  One race more race in the books!  Always a story to go along with them!  This race was recommended to me by David and his dad when we visited with them back at Christmas.  (David is my swimming buddy from Texas whose family lives south of Fort Collins in Colorado)  The Loveland Lake to Lake Olympic distance tri was one to put on the calendar due to the absolute beauty.  So, I signed up.  This was waay before I knew that I would become sick.  So after my Mayo experience, I dropped from the Olympic distance down to the Sprint distance.  This was a hard decision, but a great one!  I was not ready for the Olympic distance plus I don't think I would have met my new friend, Liz, if I'd done the longer distance!

Pa came down the morning of to watch me race!
He's been waiting a while because last year in Texas
I was sick the day he came to watch me race.

Just do what you know!
* SWIM * BIKE * RUN *

My new friend, Liz!
Let's celebrate our accomplishment!
God has given us the ability to enjoy the great outdoors!

This beautiful woman is a sister in Christ and mother and wife and athlete and so much more!  We just barely got introduced to each other and then we were off to race.  After the race, I was able to catch up with her to get her contact info so we can stay connected!  She is amazing and I am so blessed to have met her and racked my bike next to hers for our race!  We did it!  Congrats girl on a great race!  Beautiful racing conditions ~ probably the best I have ever had!

Fresh herbs:  Basil - on the left, Sunflower microgreens - bottom left,
Parsley, Oregano, and Rosemary - right.

Homemade pizza (minus the store-bought crust).
(And rhubarb in the background ready to be frozen!)

Even after my race, I was able to keep
my muscles relaxed!

No comments: