Love Is....

Love Is....

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Yet Another Crazy Evening


At the very end of the day, I got a call from Heath at work, so I answered it.  He just wanted to tell me that there were alot of people at the house, just so I would know before I got home.  I am glad he called to let me know, however, it really stressed me out because I did not have anything planned for supper.  When I got home there were tons of people at the house trying to get Shayne's pickup to work.  It was absolute chaos when I arrived.  They needed someone to run to town and get parts, so as soon as I got home, I turned around and went back to town with Heath for parts.  We got to chat while we went to town, which was fun.  The first place didn't have the part we needed, so we went to another place.  Finally, we were able to track down something of the sort for this older-than-me-pickup.  $17 and we were headed home.  Still nervous about dinner, I started getting grumpy.

When we got home, my mother-in-law had already picked the sweet corn from the garden, Andrew had shucked it, and Fuzz had done my dishes.  Such nice teamwork.  Come to find out, while we were gone, some things happened that really upset me.  This put me in a tizzy the rest of the evening as I felt that I had been totally violated and that I have absolutely no control over my family, my home, and what happens in it.

Linda, my pastor's wife, has been working with me over the last nine months, teaching me some wonderful principals of how to be a woman after God's own heart.  This study, teaches about Godly responsibilities as a wife and mom.  I know very well, that my attitude this evening was wrong and I upset alot of people, for which I had to apologize several times.  While in the infant stages of marriage and adopting two teenage boys, I am doing the very best I can to provide what is needed of me as a wife and as a mom.  Reading books, seeking wise counsel, and attending professional counseling should show my dedication to my choice to be more than just another person in their lives, but someone who deeply loves and cares about my family.

I know I fall short, way short.  I am not perfect, none of us are, but with God, we will get through this transition.  At the end of the day, we had a very nice garden meal and with everyone's help we got the dishes done quickly and the pickup fixed!  God, once again in control, proved to us that he is ever present with his promise in this beautiful rainbow over our home!

No comments: